Meeting Room Use Policy
The Board of Trustees of the Abington Township Public Library invites organizations to make use of the Meeting Rooms in the Library. Rooms may be reserved for such times as they are not needed by the Library or the Friends of the Library. Application for use of rooms shall be made to the Children's Department.
Have a meeting idea or question?
Contact: Andy Simpson
Children's Department, Abington Free Library
1030 Old York Road
Abington, PA 19001
215-885-5180, ext. 128.
- No admission charge shall be made by the users of the meeting rooms for any meeting, except by special review and approval by the Board of Trustees.
- The use of the staff kitchen will be allowed (for light refreshments) with prior permission.
- Any group holding meetings assumes responsibility for any damage to library property.
- SMOKING IS PROHIBITED.
- The Library reserves the right to limit use to those organizations whose activities will in no way interfere with normal library operations and programs.
- Reservations will be accepted in order of receipt of signed application.
- The Library Board of Directors reserves the right to revoke permission to use the Meeting Rooms.
- Attendance at meetings is limited to 100 persons, per fire code.
- Janitorial fees, if any occur, shall be the responsibility of the organization.
- Flyers must be cleared with the Executive Director of the Library.
- Twenty four hours notice is required for cancellation with the exception of inclement weather. The Library will not remain open for meeting room use in the event of a snow closing.
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of all sponsoring agencies must appear on the application form and on any flyers.
- The fee for non-profit organizations is $50.00 for the use of either meeting room. The fee for profit-making organizations is $175.00 for the use of either meeting room.
Please make application to: Andy Simpson, Children's Department, 215-885-5180, ext. 128, Abington Free Library, 1030 Old York Road, Abington, PA 19001.
Share with friends: