Information for Job Seekers
The library provides information and tools for people searching for jobs.
Here you will find:
- CareerLink postings from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Montgomery County job postings
- Internet Job Search listings
- Regional Career Fairs/Events
- Federal Jobs Digest Newspaper
- Classified section from the Sunday Inquirer (also kept at the Information Desk)
At the Information Desk you will find:
Directory of Executive & Professional Recruiters
Nonprofit job opportunities from the Insight Into Diversity publication
Need information on resumes or writing cover letters? The reference librarians will assist in locating helpful examples. Researching a company for that all-important interview? It is easy with our book and Internet-based information. Ask us for tips on locating the right resource.
When you are ready to go on the Internet to fill out an online job application, use one of the ten Internet computers in the “Information Alley,” (featured in photo on left) which runs down the center of the main floor. Many job-seekers and job-changers start their successful searches at the Abington Free Library Reference Department.
Share with friends: