Friends of Abington Libraries
The Friends are community members who work to keep Abington libraries strong. Friends’ fundraising activities include the BookCellar bookstore, special book, plant and other sales, and membership campaigns. The group helps fund:
* library programs for children and adults
* new books, movies, computers and library furnishings
* adult literacy program
Library improvements sponsored or funded by the Friends also include the Discovery Garden, outdoor electronic sign and the library’s wireless system.
Contact the Friends at FriendsATPL@gmail.com or 215-885-5180, ext. 36.
The Friends of Abington Township Public Library
Winning designs will be printed as bookmarks and made available to library patrons.
Who is eligible? Students of all ages (Kindergarten through 12th Grade)
Is there a required theme? Yes! Your drawing must illustrate one of the following themes:
(1) My favorite book/character - OR -
(2) Why I like the Library.
How will winners be selected? Judges will select one winner from each grade K-6, one winner from grades 7-8, and one winner from grades 9-12.
Winners will be notified by phone by April 10th. A celebratory dessert reception will be held for the winners and their families during the week of April 17th.
How do I enter?
- Design an original bookmark. Your drawing may be vertical or horizontal, but it must measure 2.25” x 7” and fit entirely within the border. Draw your artwork in the space provided; or you may submit your drawing on a separate sheet (attached to your entry form) provided that the drawing meets the dimension requirements.
- The bookmarks will be printed in black and white, so entries in black and white are strongly recommended. Hint: Test the printability of your drawing by making a photocopy.
- Return your completed form to the entry box located at the Circulation Desk by April 2nd. You may submit more than one entry.
Join us Saturday, April 22, 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
on the sidewalk in front of the
Abington Free Library
1030 Old York Road, Abington, PA 19001
- All BookCellar items will be half-price
- Plants/Flowers from Molenaars Nursery
- Flea Market vendors - Fill out your Flea Market Vendor Application!
- Levis Hotdogs
- Soft pretzels
- Raffle Baskets:
- Quinn & Wilson will donate a basket with a kids theme
- Garden-themed basket which includes a pass for four to Longwood Gardens
Book Donations: The BookCellar needs your gently-used books, CDs and DVDs for adults and children. Donations needed year-round. Bring in paper bags, 3 bags at a time, to the Circulation Desk. To help our staff, please bring book donations Wed. through Sat. to Abington Library; Thurs. through Sat. to Roslyn Library. See more details about donating books.
BE A FRIEND!
It’s easy to join the Friends! The group is open to everyone who uses our libraries – residents, businesses, local workers, teachers and students – even if you live outside Abington. Your donation makes a difference! Donate online, if you like. Volunteers are also needed to work in the BookCellar, help at events and expand our efforts.
How does AmazonSmile work?
For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to The Friends of Abington Township Public Library to support our libraries. Sign up through this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7226052
Upcoming Friends Events
|Friends' Spring Flea Market, Book and Plant Sidewalk Sale||04/22/2017 - 9:30am to 3:30pm||Abington|
|Friends' Meeting||05/13/2017 - 9:30am to 12:00pm||Abington|
|Friends' Meeting||06/10/2017 - 9:30am to 12:00pm||Abington|
|Friends' Meeting||09/09/2017 - 9:30am to 12:00pm||Abington|
|Friends' Meeting||11/11/2017 - 9:30am to 12:00pm||Abington|
|Friends' Meeting||02/10/2018 - 9:30am to 12:00pm||Abington|