- Donations of jewelry, various treasures, gift basket items, time, money are gratefully accepted daily at the AFL Circulation Desk.
- Gift baskets from local merchants and others are raffled off at the Circulation Desk, Book Cellar and Children's Department of Abington Free Library and at Roslyn Branch Library. Donations for this are gratefully accepted year round.
- We accept SWAP BOOKS at the Circulation Desk any time we're open.
To our valued customers -
We deeply appreciate your donations of books, music CDs, audiobooks, and movies …
We need your help in managing the materials we receive.
Please observe the following guidelines:
When: We're open:
Abington hours: Mon.-Thurs., 9:30am-9pm, Fri.-Sat., 9:30am-5pm, Sun., 1-5pm
New Roslyn 2019 hours: Mon., 11am-9pm, Tues. & Thurs., 11am-6pm, Fri., 11am-5pm, Sat., 10am-2pm
Where: bring to Library Circulation Desk
How: paper bags (double-bagged is great!) or small boxes
How much: 3 paper grocery bags or small boxes per visit
Books and magazines can go out with your curbside recycling.
We cannot accept:
- text books
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- toys or games
- VHS tapes or audiocassettes
- periodicals, magazines, etc.
- annual reports
- Please no musty books or books in poor condition.
Thank you for thinking of the Libraries! Thank you for thinking of us! Donations help build our collection and our coffers.
Ask for the tax letter at the Circulation Desk. This is a receipt to show a donation to this library, a not-for-profit organization. We cannot appraise your donation's worth.
Share with friends: